November 5, 2008
* All the networks just called it for Barack Hussein Obama, the next President of the United States.
* Fox News showed Jesse Jackson quietly crying.
* Electoral vote totals so far: Obama 334, McCain 144, with 54 electoral votes still too close to call, including Arizona and North Carolina.
* McCain just conceded, very graciously. Too bad the crowd couldn't be as gracious, but the campaign he and Palin ran had a lot to do with that.
* On to Grant Park, waiting for our President-Elect to make his speech, woohoo!
Update: 11-05-08 12:27 a.m. EST
* Obama speaks. It's a bittersweet moment, Toot not being here to witness this.
* Obama: WE ARE AND ALWAYS WILL BE THE UNITED STATES OF AMERICA.
* Now the work of rebuilding our nation begins.
+Save/Share | |
Links to this post:
(Dare to Know)
-- Epistularum Liber Primus, Horace
Wonk (noun): def. A political nerd. Know spelled backwards.
Wonky Muse is the other Filipino American female political blogger. The sane, liberal one.
Talking Points Memo
The Carpetbagger Report
The Huffington Post
follow me on Twitter
image: le sarcophage des muses, musée du louvre.
site design: wonky muse.